Sunday, May 17, 2015

Masasa Beach

TINGLOY ISLAND: Masasa Beach

May 16 - 17, 2015

This is my first solo travel and it was awesome! I will be meeting up with my Travel buddies on the beach later. It was my finals week in the University but I managed to insert a solo travel on my schedule. this is how I defy my so called "Hellweek" ! hoorah! I'm now a BS Beachineering student.

I started taking pictures when I arrived at Tingloy Port “Municipality of Tingloy”. I already feel the excitement when the boat stopped and the passengers eventually drop-by and take photos at the Welcoming Ark of the Island. Next to it, a line of Tricycles waiting for passengers to ride awaits. Since I am a solo traveler this time, I waited for some “Kasabay” or people whom I can share the tricycle fair from the port to Masasa drop-off.


 People take photos under this welcoming ark of Tingloy.

 Passenger boat from Anilao Port to Tingloy. I just paid 55 pesos :D
I looked into the water and saw some live corals in it. This place is indeed! full of Marine Life.
 A 10-15 minutes trycicle ride to get to Masasa drop-off.
 Finally, Masasa Drop off. I paid 20 pesos for Tricycle Ride. .There are four of us in the vehicle.
 A panoramic view of the rice paddies and the beach next to it.
Finally, Masasa Beach. I just need to find a shady spot to pitch my tent
 So this is the spot where I decided to pitch my tent. The tree behind it has so many spikes. ouch ouch ouch while pitching :P
 After setting up my camp. I decided to walk around and survey the area...
 A top view of the Beach. (snorkeling area) As you can see, there are brown patches which are algae and rocks a good habitat for marine animals.
 I saw this nice looking colorful boats
 Sandy beach... not so perfect but its okay
 A view of the beach
 A view in front of the green boat. very nice color

Relaxing View... so hot at this time.
...

Since I can't wait and the temperature is so hot, SNORKELING TIME!!

Here are some of my Underwater Photos...
 Christmas tree worms
 Sea urchins! HAHA
 Fish (goby-like?)
 Brain Coral
 Cool Horn-like coral
 Trumpet FIsh
 Colony of small tunicates
 A different Species of sea urchin.
 Cloudy fish fry.
 Feather-like??
 Linkia sp! so blue!
 Pink Anemone
 Fungi sp.
 Synapta?

 Unusual Starfish for me
 The Duo :Sponge, Urchin
 Nudibranch!!! Chromodoris annae
 Tridacna sp.

 Sea Anemone
 Chromodoris annae
 Phyllidia elegans
 Rock crab. It bury itself under the sand
So hollow
 Captivating sunset!
END OF DAY 1.
 Good Morning Beach!


 Okay, I need to cherish every moment. SNORKEL AGAIN!
 Crinoid!

 Sun has already rise. need to get back to the land :)
 Underwater Selfie
My last Nudi 

I really enjoyed my solo travel so much! more BEACH AND SEA please.

Here's my Itinerary. I modified it to make things simple. from Calamba to Masasa Vice versa
Tingloy Island : Masasa Beach
Let’s swim and Experience the clear waters of Masasa Beach and witness a diverse Marine Community underwater.
Itinerary:
Day 1
5:00 am Departure from Los Banos
5:30 am ETA Calamba Central Terminal
6:50 am ETA Balagtas Grand Terminal
8:00 am ETA Anilao Port
8:50 am ETA Tingloy Port
9:00 am ETA Masasa Beach
9:15 am Set Camp: Pitch Tent, Prepare Stuffs
9:40 am Explore Beach “Photo Session”
11:00 am Prepare Lunch: Cooking
12:00 nn Eat Lunch
1:00 pm Free Time: Rest, Sleep, Tour, Snorkel, Swim
2:00 pm Snorkeling and Swimming Time
5:00 pm Wash-up
6:00 pm Prepare Dinner
7:00 pm Eat Dinner
7:30 pm SOCIALS
10:30 pm Lights Out

Day 2

5:30 am Wake-up Free time: Coffee Session, Beach Walk
6:00 am Eat Breakfast
8:00 am Break Camp
8:20 am Leave Beach
9:00 am ETA Tingloy Port
10:00 am ETA Anilao Port
11:00 am ETA Balagtas Grand Terminal
12:30 pm ETA SM Calamba
1:30 pm ETA Los Banos

*ETA – Estimated Time of Arrival

Things to Bring:
Foods and non-disposable utensils
Water 2 liters or more
Clothes, Swimming Clothes
Snorkeling Gear or Swimming Goggles
Garbage bag and Eco Bags
Tent or sleeping bag
Camera
Money

Breakdown of Expenses:
40 php (20 x 2) Jeep Los Banos to Calamba *Vice Versa
160 php (80 x 2) Bus Calamba to Balatas Grand Terminal *
80 php (40 x 2) Jeep Balagtas Grand Terminal to Anilao Port *
140 php (70 x 2) Boat Anilao Port to Tingloy Port *
40 php (20 x 2) Tricycle Tingloy to Masasa Beach *
TOTAL: 460


What to Expect in the Beach:
Masasa Beach offers a semi-white sand beach, with clear blue waters and high diversity of marine life. Before you get to the beach, the tricycle will drop you at the drop-off corner. It will take about 10 minute walk along the rice paddies to get into the beach. Due to its popularity and increasing irresponsible visitors, the beach suffers from garbage pollution. You may expect to see some garbage near the vegetation along the shore where people usually set their camps. On the other hand, when you get into the water, you will expect clear vision where you can see abundant marine life such as colorful corals, variety of fish, etc. (note: Avoid stepping into some sea urchins). On the afternoon, visitors will be delighted to witness the sunset in front of the beach.

If you have plan to visit MASASA BEACH please don't leave your trash and waste. put it in the proper disposal area or just bring it with you. LET'S KEEP THE PLACE CLEAN. 

end.

Like???
like this: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Pisces-Project/907067136022559?ref=ts&fref=ts

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Ask ko lang. May trip from anilao to tingloy ng 8am? Sabi kasi sa ibang blogs 10:30 ang simula?

    ReplyDelete